Seoul, Korea 2023

 I'm a lucky girl and he is one smart man.

Heyllo, I just came back from my not-so-short getaway from Korea! It was 7 days trip with my cutie 8-month-old baby, my lovely husband Nic, and my noisy bestie Jianin. It is my second time visiting Korea and previously I went for a good 8 days too. Decided to write down my trip this time mainly because I CAN. lol

Currency 1000Won=RM3.34
The time zone differs by an hour. Malaysia 7am is korea time 8am.
We were able to get free and fast speed public wifi 85% of the time. 

First and foremost, our flight was on 5/20 is the exact date (2y ago) Nic proposed to me. So happy propose anniversary!

Secondly, please excuse my photos which were not professionally taken, I am still training my husband to be a better photographer. Teehee

Start this blog with a picture of 2 cuties

 
Day 1 (Saturday)-20.5.2023
K so Our flight from KLIA2 is 10:20pm. Night flight hoping Aelfred will be asleep like he always did. Bought a 50kg check-in luggage because we have to bring quite a number of stuff for the baby but our check-in luggage only weight 15kg haiya because mostly ended up being hand carry (Diapers, toys, fav pillows, med, blanket, etc) Thank God we bought a new cabin-size stroller which eases all our burden. Smart Grace has also printed all the documents from the visa K-eta, QR-code covid, Itinerary, printed passport, and things to do. Imma old-school you see.

OH YA JiaNin's 17months old son suppose to join us but due to an error in the accuracy of his passport number on his visa, the counter lady couldn't issue a boarding ticket to baby Moriel. It was a sad moment to watch Jianin saying goodbye to her son as her husband came and pick up the child. Children below 2 years old are given free tickets so not much damage except emotional separation. Anyway, life goes on, we arrived airport by 7pm but after unpacking Moriel's stuff and chaotic moment,  only at 10pm, we settle down and rush to our gates which is the furthest in the airport ; gate Q11! 


Aelfred is awake till 11pm (His usual bedtime is 8pm) I guess he was excited about seeing new places and people. We manage to get a baby bassinet for Aelfred to sleep in but you are advised to carry the child during plane departure and landing and in times of turbulence. I guess due to the white noise on the plane, Aelfred slept pretty well but he only get to sleep at 11pm-5am as our flight landed. 

Day 2 (Sunday)
We reached Incheon Korea Airport at Korea time 6:10am. Bro-in-law Tony came and pick us up. We are staying at my sister's place which is a high-end condominium. Imma so in love with the place ok, when I grow up I want to have a house like that :)

My sister has prepared breakfast for us!
(no pic for breakfast, if only you did follow me on IG)

After breakfast, we went to Jjimjilbang-bath house, it is like a sauna hot spring place that is located within walking distance right below the condominium and it's FREE. That is my first time seeing all naked women and children. Our sleepy heads are totally awake as we step into the sauna. And yeap we were naked too, trying our best not to peek at other women. Highly recommended if you are visiting Korea!

11am we depart for church service at LifeSpring Incheon. This church is huge and super comfortable and organized. They even provide a glass room for parents with children. Their worship team is amazing. I could attend the service peacefully while Aelfred safely crawled in the room. They have a cafe, nursing room, and children's Sunday school. Perhaps, this church should be a tourism spot too! Visit the church and experience Jesus ok.

The sermon that day was about God's blessing, to know that not all blessings are from God. To know if the blessing brings you away from God then that's not from Him. Let's say, if you receive a job with good pay but it required you to stop attending church and carry your responsibilities as a father at home then it's not God's calling ok, don't be distracted. God's blessing usually brings you closer to Him and will bring you peace.

After church at 2pm, we visit Vassadong cafe. Big cafe but one basic bread cost us Myr40 each. Thus our bills go up to MYR450. After the expensive high tea, we visit the Public Rose Garden at Incheon Grand Park and it's free! 

Photo with the expensive breads

Wanted to use this opportunity to celebrate this girl's birthday but they doesn't have candles.

Pictures taken at Rose Garden!









p/s my face is presentable can d

We had our dinner at Jangchung-dong King's Pig Feet Seoul to try Jokbal. After dinner, we rush back home for Nic's online tuition 8pm-9pm. The weather in Korea this time was 26 degrees during the day and around 17 degrees at night. We hit the sack at 10pm.


Day 3 (Monday)
Woke up at 6am (Malaysia at 5am) I guess because Aelfred was awakened by the sun shining and Aelfred have already used to the time zone difference. Woke up to breakfast prepared by my sis. Aelfred tried avocado for the first time and he loves it! So my sis packs a small container with Aelfred's meal and another with just avocado. Aelfred loves my sister's cooks too. 

Today's outing plan begins at 9:30am, we visit N Seoul Tower. Riding on the Namsan cable car 2-way cost us MYR48 per adult (free for Aelfred). Spent a good 1 hour up in the tower and get to try their  Cinnabon's Cinnamon Roll and Kopi. hehe



We head to Myeondong and spent the whole afternoon till evening there. Crazy shopping ok. Wanted to visit the Lotte department store for their baby changing room which is known to be a cute theme but Monday the whole mall is only open for VIP card holders. Too bad.



Had bossam for dinner at Danggok-ro, Danwon-gu near Gojan train station. 

Dinner! <3

Rush back home for Nic's online tuition 10pm class. Hit the sack at 11pm.

Day 4 (Tuesday)
Woke up at 6am, and had the chance to let Aelfred play with Hayun's toy. Hayun has this toy corner at every corner of the house and imma inner joy to see Aelfred get to play with so many toys. Back in Malaysia, I personally didn't buy many toys for him and usually just pass him a bowl/tissue/string which keep him so entertained. After had my breakfast prepared by my sister, we started our outing at 9:30am with Railbike at Uiwang. Yeap I highly recommend this riding bike on the rail activities. So much fun, guys. It cost us 21,000won (MYR42) and cycle for 30minutes-1 hours (depends how athlete you are lol)

I know you can't see but that's me at the back of the railbike vehicle


Nic and mini Nic


1pm we went back home and my bro-in-law prepared a quick lunch home cook Ramen for us.

Hyeongbu's 5* ramen 

2pm we head to DMZ (Demilitarized Zone) and ART village, which is the border of North and South Korea. I left my phone in the museum of DMZ, thankful to my bro-in-law to take the cable car back to DMZ just to take it for me. The point is, Korea is very safe mou. Left my phone for an hour and nobody took it yo. 

ok ever since then, I decided to learn some Korean words. Learn with me k;
Bro-in-law : Hyeongbu
Thank you: Gamsahabnida 


Stop by to feed the babies

in the cable car to DMZ

Had a Korean BBQ dinner at Paju-si Gyeongu-do. Rush back home for Nic's online tuition 8-11pm.


Day 5 (Wednesday)
Woke up at 6am and Aelfred already requesting me to bring him to Hayun's playroom. Had my breakfast prepared by my sister. Today is Everland Day! Everland is an amusement park for all ages! Entrance tickets cost us 34000won (RM120) per person. It's so huge but we only manage to cover zootopia haiya... (they have 5 themes, global fair, american adventure, magic land, european adventure, and zootopia). The fact is, we spent some time queuing for safari world and panda world. Took us some time for feeding Aelfred and have our lunch. In Everland, they have a convenient Nursing room. 


while queuing for safari

Checking why dada's ear can't hear mama's instruction properly

We spent from 10:30am to 4:30pm at Everland then head to the dinner place.

Seafood dinner at Haeundae. We get to try live octopus. It's so fresh yo. 


After dinner, we walk walk at Avenue France. It's a happening place with all the night lights. We manage to quickly grab a mini cake and gave JiaNin a simple surprise birthday celebration by the street. I guess she was touched, happy tears you see.

Then we rush home for Nic's online tuition at 9pm

it's a damn cold night^^







Day 6 (Thursday)
Woke up at 6am. YEAP. Aelfred can be an accurate/on-time alarm clock I made.  Today is the much-awaited Hanbok ft palace day. After having breakfast prepared by my sister, we head to the Hanbok rental shop. Had lunch before renting a hanbok at Gwangjang Market. It is a convenient street food place with comfortable chairs to sit on. We had local korea food here yumz (tteokbokki, Korean mandu/dumplings, Mayak kimbap) 



Press this for a link to see what street food is recommended to try:
LIST OF STREET FOOD TO TRY

Rented our Hanbok at Daehan Hanbok Gyeongbokgung Rental which is open 9am-7pm. Rental simple dress for 9000won (RM32 for an hour) per person. Baby Aelfred also cost 9000won but we didn't rent one for him because he was asleep. Wearing our Hanbok and walk to Gyeongbokgung palace which is 3 minutes away from the Hanbok rental shop. 



we're beautiful like a diamond in the sky








Aelfred super love my sis' porridge

Oppa Nic

Footage of Nic um in public


We only rented for 30 minutes hahah as we are out of the pose and the weather is too sunny  (but windy sunny). By 4:30pm we leave to watch a baseball game at the stadium. Entrance tickets cost around RM50 per adult. We had fried chicken and pickled radish (eat like in kdrama mou) which cost us RM167 for a bucket of fried chicken set. 


Day 7 (Friday)
Woke up at 6am. Had our last breakfast prepared by my sister. Today is subway day! 10am we left the house and headed to Starfield Library at Coex Mall. So we had lunch at EggSlut for the first time, Eggslut is owned by the United States tho. But we were craving for burger anyway. Pricy but yummy yo. 


We visit the famous library and took some not quality photos (we fat now soli) Then end up sitting down in the middle of the mall talking about life for an hour. 3pm we took the subway and headed to Dongdaemun market. Bought something you won't expect. WE BOUGHT a RM500 worth luggage! haha because shopping too much and we bought 60kg check-in luggage back home you see. 

Helping Nic cover his cute round tummy








Had our last dinner at Hongdae street. Then rush home for Nic's 10pm online tuition while me busy packing till 1am.

Day 8 (Saturday)
Woke up at 3:30am and get ready to go to the airport. Successfully checked in our luggage with used 59/60kg. such fulfilling mou. Flight 7:25am. We manage to visit the airport baby Nursing room. So glad that I manage to pump milk well this trip. I guess Aelfred enjoyed his flight back home too. The only person experiencing tinnitus is Saya. LOL. 

Reached Malaysia KLIA2 around 12:55PM. Having Aelfred around, gave us priority lane which makes the whole arriving process easier but... I still manage to lose my passport at the airport Haiya. Was praying for a kind soul that will found my passport and Aelfred's and hand it to the police/ lost-found counter. Lo and behold, 3 days later, I called the level 2 Police station of KLIA2 and they say the passports are with them. yay. Thus save my time making a police report/pay summon/make a new passport. May God bless the kind soul who hands in my passport to the police. May God ease your problems and make a way for you, dearest stranger. 


YEAP that's all for this Korea trip from me. Boring for you but cool for me nyeh
Alas, reality calls, and it's time to return to the daily grind.

This itinerary is not suitable for anyone except if we have the same sister and brother-in-law-law, so  

Thank you for reading!


Here's Taylor Swift's song to make it all better. <3



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sodom And Gomorah (Bible story)

Better guarantee than warranty.